Cardinal Health Manager, Sales Consultants (CIMS) in United States
What Direct Sales Management contributes to Cardinal Health
At Cardinal Health, we're developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Direct Sales Management is responsible for strategic oversight and leadership direction within the Direct Sales function. Focused on driving new business.
Responsibilities in this role
Direct leadership of professional Technical Sales Consultants who are responsible for:
supporting the sales process of acute/IDN Cardinal Health Inventory Management Solution (CIMS) and Supply Chain Professional Services opportunities with proper assessments;
- accomplishing trusted advisor status; addressing needs of target customer base and articulating CIMS value proposition appropriately
understanding customer requirements and internal/external factors influencing their needs.
Direct performance management of the Technical Sales Consultant team.
- Coach direct reports on best demonstrated consultative selling techniques.
- Professional interactions with healthcare professionals to include Supply Technicians, Supply Chain Leadership, OR and Procedural Lab Directors, IT, and C-level leaders.
- Participate in customer site assessments, solution configuration planning, customer presentations, and solution demonstrations.
- Innovate and standardize the team’s approach to assessments, presentations, and solution demonstrations.
- Work collaboratively with the Regional Sales Directors on resource needs to support customer engagements.
- Work collaboratively with the Implementation and Account Managements teams to ensure flawless hand-offs between sales and implementation.
- Strong sales leadership, planning, negotiation and presentation skills required.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Preferred knowledge of the hospital procedural areas.
- Deep technical knowledge of healthcare supply chain solutions.
- Understanding of the procedural supply chain of the hospital, both OR and Procedural Labs.
- Ability to travel nationally up to 75% of time.
What is expected of you and others at this level in Direct Sales for functional success
- Applies knowledge of the customer's business to develop optimal solutions.
- Proactively and with a regular cadence demonstrates to the customer the defined value of partnering with Cardinal Health both pre- and post-sales.
- Effectively negotiates and collaborates with the customer and colleagues to influence support for mutually beneficial outcomes and achieve consensus.
- Builds and sustains relationships founded on trust with internal and external customers and ensures customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Identifies and qualifies new sales opportunities and develops plans for introducing new solutions through collaborative relationships.
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, frontline supervisors and/or business support staff.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines.
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers.
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels may interact with senior management.
- Gains consensus from various parties involved.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.