Cardinal Health Manufacturing Team Lead - 2nd Shift in Wabasha, Minnesota
Cardinal Health offers benefits on Day 1, including medical, dental, vision, 401K (company match up to 4.5% and employees 100% vested immediately), 23 days PAID TIME OFF (prorated to start date), 7 PAID HOLIDAYS and more!
Manufacturing Team Lead – 2nd Shift – 3:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
Under supervision of the Manufacturing Supervisor, this position will direct and coordinate activities of their respected areas to include, Safety, Quality, Production output in an efficient, safe and cost effective manner. This position provides front line leadership that would include coaching, conflict resolution, identifying process constraints, and working on the line as the need arises.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and follow up skills required
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience
- Preferred Associates degree in business management or related field or a combination of education and work experience totaling 4 years
- Preferred working knowledge of GMP, Agile, MyLearning, MS Outlook, BPCS, MS Word and Excel
What is expected at this level:
- Applies extensive knowledge and company policies to complete a wide range of assignments
- Demonstrates expert understanding of all levels of the job family and has thorough knowledge of jobs outside area of responsibility
- Takes the lead in effectively applying new processes and skills in accomplishing assignments
- May provide technical guidance and training to others
- Maintains appropriate licenses/training/certifications
- Works on complex problems that require independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues
- Makes recommendations for new/revised processes and has role in the implementation
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works with minimal degree of supervision. Has latitude to make decisions in exceptional circumstances within established guidelines
- Provides guidance to less experienced team members
- May have team leader responsibilities but does not formally supervise
- Ensures orders and materials are in place for scheduled production
- Ensures associates scheduled for particular jobs have required and current training credentials
- Performs regular safety, quality and efficiency audits throughout the shift
- Ensuring quality daily procedures are followed and maintains scrap analysis within the department
- Monitors production efficiencies, documents and communicates causes, and is an active team member in corrective action resolution
- Provides constructive feedback coaching / mentoring to ensure that a positive, harassment free and respectful work environment is maintained
- Drives work place organization through sound 5S principles
- Is well organized and executes daily / weekly standard work
- Manages flow of raw, WIP, and finished goods material. Ensures recording such as BPCS transactions and end of shift reporting is timely and accurate.
- Other duties as assigned.
What Inventory Mgmt contributes to Cardinal Health
- Inventory Management is accountable for the design and execution of demand planning and customer forecasting systems, supply planning, product deployment and expediting processes, and the development and implementation of a stocking optimization model to minimize costs and inventory while delivering on service requirements.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.