Cardinal Health Plant Manager in Wabasha, Minnesota
What Manufacturing Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Manufacturing Management is responsible for strategic oversight and leadership direction within the Manufacturing function.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related field required; Bachelor's degree in Engineering preferred
- A minimum of 4+ years related work experience required, including 1+ year supervisory experience; 5 or more years of experience in medical device manufacturing and cross-functional team management preferred; 8 or more years strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success in managing people and leading multiples teams and/or departments in manufacturing
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated success in achieving results along with strong financial acumen and project management
- Experience in Operational Excellence
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, frontline supervisors and/or business support staff
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
- Conduct the operations of the plant in a safe manner, proactively addressing safety issues and concerns.
- Understand all current plant policies and procedures and have ability to act in accordance with them.
- Make decisions in an independent mode, if necessary.
- Ensure safety, quality, cost, and service expectations are met.
- Proactively identify and solve problems in safety and quality.
- Apply your knowledge of operations to effectively provide leadership with regards to the business priorities.
- Motivate, mentor and develop employees for continued professional and personal growth. Discipline when necessary.
- Review/generate weekly and monthly reports for the various corporate entities (i.e. Corporate EHS, Corporate Finance, and Corporate Quality).
- Request/coordinate activities between Corporate and Plant resources.
- Manage projects of varying size and scope.
- Develop and execute manufacturing and Operational Excellence strategies to achieve overall Company strategic objectives.
- Approve and oversee the annual expense budgets for areas of responsibility and provides signature approval.
- Oversee the progress of major projects to ensure that Company goals and objectives are clearly defined and met by all areas of responsibility.
- Report to the Director - Manufacturing on the progress and status of project responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively with direct reports.
- Assure compliance to ISO, GMP, and OSHA procedures.
- Support new product and process introductions.
- Lead involvement in community affairs.
- Improve plant operations by applying your: understanding of technical processes related to automated equipment and manual assembly; understanding of costing, scheduling, purchasing and inventory control in a manufacturing environment; understanding of plant financials and experience with product forecasting; excellent interpersonal skills; proven leadership ability; ability to organize time effectively; proven ability to recognize potential problems and act quickly to resolve them; understanding of the principles of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
- Oversee Quality Management, Auditing, Engineering, Quality System Regulation, and ISO Requirements.
- Lead the team with your working knowledge of Quality Tools, Statistical Techniques, Technical Writing, Metrology and Calibration, Inspection and Testing, Sampling Principles and AQL, Six Sigma, Process Mapping, Histograms, FMEA, Risk Assessment, Cause & Effect Diagrams, Pareto Analysis, etc.
- Conduct presentations to all levels of the organization.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.