Cardinal Health Regional Sales Executive in Washington, Washington
Cardinal Health's Innovative Delivery Solutions (IDS) business helps providers transform hospital pharmacies into a strategic asset – delivering value that supports the patient throughout the continuum of care. The team's mission is to provide exceptional clinical, supply chain, analytics and operational expertise to improve patient access, increase quality of care and reduce overall costs. From supply chain management solutions to expert consultative services, Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutionsprovides a highly comprehensive, universal solution for hospital pharmacies.
The Regional Sales Executive is tasked with servicing and growing Cardinal Health’s IDS business. This Director participates in the cultivation and stewardship of executive relationships, ensuring margins, revenue and customer satisfaction metrics continue to increase within the pharmaceutical distribution (supply chain) and IDS Consultative Services channels. In addition, this Director will actively serve as a mentor and leader across the Cardinal Health enterprise.
The territory covers: Washington, Oregon & Montana
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the market’s current/future product and services needs
- Introduce and sell existing customers and prospects to the full breadth of Innovative Delivery Solutions Products, Services, and Supply Chain
- Build relationships with prospect C-Suite
- Responsible for RFP process for all new supply chain business and IDS products and services within customer territory
- Develop value propositions around client needs, effectively negotiate financial terms and close sales for Cardinal products and services
- Identify new Solution sales opportunities and promote Cardinal Health’s strategic priorities with clients within the assigned territory
- Successfully manage pipeline, forecast and sales strategy
- Negotiate and close complex contracts with customers, while understanding Cardinal ROI
- Collaborate with Core Account Management team, Product Leads and Service
- Bachelor’s degree required; relevant graduate degree preferred
- 10+ years of progressively responsible sales experience preferred
- Prior experience selling to the C-Suite within a healthcare environment required
- Direct sales experience preferred, ideally in the healthcare environment with ability to “hunt” for new opportunities
- Deep knowledge of distribution, supply chain and pharmacy solutions highly desired
- Excellent planning, forecasting, and negotiation skills with the ability to prioritize diverse projects across the territory.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to design and structure complex, profitable programs in matrixed environments
- Politically savvy with experience reaching agreement with others who have differing perspectives or objectives
- Ability to negotiate and navigate complex technical business issues on behalf of Cardinal Health
- Self-motivated with a solution-oriented approach
- Track record of consistently achieving and exceed sales goals
- Exhibit a high-degree of business acumen and analytical skills
- Knowledge of pharmacy financial and compliance reporting
- Ability to travel 40%
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.