Cardinal Health Director, Inventory Management - Raw Materials Purchasing in Waukegan, Illinois
The Purchasing/Materials Management director is responsible for the procurement and management of material inventory levels to ensure raw material components are available when needed to satisfy the plant and customer requirements.
Accountabilities in this role
- Responsible for the proactive management of Presource suppliers and supply chain to minimize component availability disruptions.
- Coordinates with sourcing, other procurement teams, marketing and QRA to define, communicate, and execute Presource supply chain requirements.
- Measures supplier and supply chain performance in conjunction with Global Sourcing protocol.
- Co-Lead Presource supply chain disruption recovery management.
- Component Errors & Omissions Management.
- Coordinates with manufacturing and sales operations on production holds, due to componentry.
- Coordinates with vendors, and internally with cross functional teams, to include QRA and sales operations, on new component setup.
- Coordinates with vendors, and internally with cross functional teams, to include QRA, marketing, sales, sales operations, and clinicians on discontinued and no longer carried components.
- Degree required
- MBA a plus
- 7-10 years Purchasing / Materials Management / Supply Chain experience
- Previous supervisory experience
- Strong materials knowledge, preferably in a kitting environment
- Demonstrated strength interacting with customers
- Knowledge of overall planning process
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- APICS certification a plus
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Provides leadership to managers and experienced professional staff may also manage front line supervisors
- Manages an organizational budget
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to achieve organizational goals
- Assists in the development of functional strategy
- Decisions have an extended impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with internal and/or external leaders, including senior management
- Persuades others into agreement in sensitive situations while maintaining positive relationships
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.