Cardinal Health Engineer, Software Engineer (SAP OTC Pricing) in Waukegan, Illinois
At Cardinal Health, we’re developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Function: Information Technology Function
Job Family: Software Engineering
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, and business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provideoptions analysis.
Accountabilities in this role
- Assist with the optimization of business solutions which solve process pain points, the use of technology, and are in line with industry best practices and Cardinal Health’s development guidelines
- Engage with the business to resolve system enhancements and defects within the SAP SD pricing Vistex space
- Creating system configurations and working with daily support issues
- Gather requirement and create functional specifications
- Effective communicator: conveys thoughts and ideas simply and concisely; translates complex topics and delivers content in easy-to-understand messages; separates what is important from what is not
- Provide regular status reports to keep stakeholder community informed
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Works on or may lead projects
- Provides solutions designed to solve business issues and enable future enhancements
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Technology, Computer Science, MIS, Business, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years’ experience in related field preferred.
- Strong SAP knowledge in SD Pricing and Vistex and ability to create configurations within SAP
- Knowledge in business processes involving Billbacks, Chargebacks, Claim processing, Pricing agreements and Memberships.
- Prior experience in Data Objects is a plus.
- Experience in requirement gathering, gap & impact analysis along with experience developing an implementation strategy for process improvements.
- Experience with IDoc mapping, IDoc enhancements and designing new interface feeds to and from Vistex is a plus.
- Understanding of ABAP debugging
- Experience with a full life cycle implementation; understanding of industry best practices preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, organizational and planning skills.
- Proficient PC skills; including working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills must convey thoughts and ideas simply and concisely.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.