Cardinal Health HR Generalist (Bilingual) in Whitestone, New York
What HR Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
HR Operations is responsible for the administration and efficiency of HR data transactions, processes, audits and calculations and managing internal programs and projects.
- Uses knowledge of HR processes, technologies, and controls framework to initiate and/or complete routine employee data transactions and to monitor, audit and ensure data integrity.
- Defines and executes foundational data changes related to organizational changes and merger & acquisition activity.
- Identifies root cause, evaluates impacts and develops solutions for data and process breakdowns.
- Develops and maintains standard operating procedures for new and/or modified HR programs impacting employee data requirements.
- Demonstrates knowledge of program/ project management practices, solutions and technologies as well as change management and business process.
This role will play a central role in supporting people leaders and our diverse, multicultural workforce in all areas of HR. Reporting to the Director, HR Business Partner, this individual will work as a business team collaborator and contributor who is both a "strategic thinker" and "pragmatic doer." Primary areas include: talent acquisition, employee relations, leave mgmt, (FMLA, WC, DBL, etc.) compliance, reporting and CBA administration.
- Resolve employee performance issues and workplace concerns
- Manage employee leave programs
- Source, recruit and onboard personnel
- Collaborate with the Director, HRBP on best practices and continuous process improvement
- Work with HR team peers and Corporate COEs to execute initiatives and solutions to meet business needs
- Successfully manage multiple priorities with a high degree of accuracy
- 5 years of related HR experience, generalist experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Business or related field
- Union environment experience preferred
- Superior bilingual English/Spanish interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required
- Broad knowledge of HR areas and current trends
- Professional judgment and integrity in problem-solving that inspires confidence and trust
- Relationship building and partnering skills with a commitment to excellent customer service
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook) and HRIS
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.